Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Letting the Sunshine in.....

Its amazing how much the weather affects my mood. Its been overcast and rainy here for well over a week, yesterday we got a break in the clouds and the sunshine made an appearance. Its back again today!!

I am often asked why I moved so far from anyone I know. Its a question I can't really answer. I can say at the time, the thought of sunshine and palm trees, and a beach within reasonable driving distance were a big incentive.

I now realize that I have to "let the sunshine" into my life as well. I realized that my children are used to having friends and their families around us. I realized that my "hunkering down" in my house wasn't something they were accustomed to. It became glaringly apparent when we went back east for a convention, and visited friends. It felt like home to them. I don't think it was necessarily the place, as much as it was the feeling. The feeling of having people who loved us, and we loved nearby. I decided I needed to try and establish those relationships here to really make it feel like home. So I have gone to work, I have signed the kids up for soccer and swimming. I have signed myself up for a couple of support groups in the area that are activity based. I have actually started working out again, checking out the various gyms in the area so I decide which is best for me to join!

I know I still have a long road of healing ahead of me, but I am hopeful to one day actually feel at home in my new house.

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog, Jeannie - glad you've started it. I'll be following...

    Karen

    ReplyDelete